Diagnosing Breast Problems
Call for appointment:410-553-8351 410-553-8351
Located on the campus of UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center, The Aiello Breast Center provides a full range of diagnostic imaging services using advanced technology for detailed results.
To diagnose breast disease or breast cancer, or to rule it out, our specialists are trained in a variety of diagnostic techniques and choose one that will best fit your unique needs.
These diagnostic services include:
- Mammography – using low-energy X-rays to examine the breast for signs of disease or cancer
- Breast Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) – an imaging test that creates detailed pictures of the inside of the breast
- Ultrasound/sonography – using sound waves to make a picture of the tissues inside the breast
- Cyst aspiration – placing a small needle directly into a cyst located in a breast to withdraw fluid for testing
- Biopsy services – including MRI-guided needle biopsy