Diagnosing Breast Problems
Located on the campus of UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center, The Aiello Breast Center provides a full range of diagnostic imaging services using advanced technology and state-of-the-art equipment.
To diagnose breast disease or breast cancer, or to rule it out, our specialists are trained in a variety of diagnostic techniques and choose one that will best fit your unique needs. They include:
- Mammography - using low-energy X-rays to examine the breast for signs of disease or cancer
- Breast Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) - an imaging test that creates detailed pictures of the inside of the breast
- Ultrasound/sonography - using sound waves to make a picture of the tissues inside the breast
- Cyst aspiration - placing a small needle directly into a cyst located in a breast to withdraw fluid for testing
- Biopsy services, including MRI-guided needle biopsy