Opportunities are available for anyone 18 years of age and older. Volunteers enjoy a variety of responsibilities depending on which department they are matched with. Duties range from administrative tasks, helping people find their way, greeting patients, visiting with patients, stocking supplies and family nourishment areas, registering people at community events, putting together informational packets for patients and families, providing comfort items to patients, preparing rooms for events, retrieving wheelchairs, distributing wristbands, and much more.
What do our volunteers get out of the program? Some of the benefits include:
- Networking, new friendships, and working with a great team of medical professionals!
- Free on-site parking
- Official volunteer shirt to wear in the medical center
- Meal voucher for the medical center cafeteria when volunteering for more than 4 hours in a day
- Volunteer appreciation events and gifts
- Free flu shot every year
- Participation in employee events and celebrations
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program, a free confidential counseling service designed to assist employees experiencing personal, professional or family problems
Interested in Joining Our Volunteer Team?
Are you interested in joining UM BWMC as a Volunteer? Please review the following resources to get started. Remember, you must be 18 years or older to volunteer:
Patient and Family Advisory Council
Have you or a family member been a patient here and have thoughts or suggestions? Are you a member of the local community who would like to be involved in shaping the future of our health care services? We are looking for patients, families or community members who would like to serve on our Patient and Family Advisory Council. This is another great way to volunteer your time at UM BWMC. Click here for more information.
To contact the Volunteer and Patient Family Advisors Manager, Lacey Nalla, please call 410-553-8047 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org