Adult Volunteer Program
- Minimum commitment of four (4) hours per week
- Minimum commitment of six (6) months per year
- Completion and submission of the application
- Personal interview to discuss interests and availability and to assure a match of applicant's motivation with the needs and objectives of the Medical Center
- Completion and submission of all required documents and forms received at the interview
- Background screening
- Screening for immunity to infectious diseases
- Tuberculosis tests
- Flu vaccination
- Orientation training and testing
The Volunteer Handbook and Onboarding Forms can be found here: Volunteer Handbook and Onboarding Forms
- Some assignments require standing, walking, pushing and lifting during the entire volunteer shift
- Some assignments require sitting, with little or no walking
- Some assignments require a mix of sitting and walking
- If volunteering in the Emergency Room, BLS certification is required through the American Heart Association
We do not participate in any court-appointed work service programs.
- After receipt of your completed application, we will call you and schedule an interview
- At the interview, we will discuss with you your interests, motivations for volunteering and availability
- You will be given a packet of documents to read and forms to complete and return to us, including:
- Background Check
- Reference Letters (two references required)
- Volunteer Expectations and Commitment Agreement
- Confidentiality and Volunteer Agreement
- Dress Code Policy
- You will be scheduled with our Employee Health office to be screened for immunizations and receive two (2) tuberculosis tests. Read about the vaccinations on this information sheet. The required vaccinations and this document will be explained during the interview.
- Upon our receipt of all your completed and signed documents and forms and clearances, we will conduct an orientation and test
- At the successful conclusion of the application process, you will be authorized to receive an employee Photo Identification Badge
- Upon receipt of your badge, you will be introduced to your volunteer assignment and begin your volunteer service
These tasks typically take two to three months to complete, so there will be a time period in between the interview and when our applicants can actually begin to volunteer in the hospital. Thank you for your patience so we can protect our patients!
We will try to match your requests with our needs, but specific department assignments cannot be guaranteed.
Ready to apply? Access the volunteer application.