Interviewing - Psychiatry Residency
As with all training programs, our interview process will be entirely virtual. To ensure you appreciate all the wonderful things that the University of Maryland/Sheppard Pratt has to offer you, we have put together a variety of on-line videos posted throughout our web site. Please review our website and our Instagram account to learn about our curriculum, our residents, and living in Baltimore.
If you are selected for an interview, we will send an invitation usually through ERAS. Occasionally, we may reach out to you via email. If contacted for an interview, your interview will be scheduled for a Tuesday or Friday. Interviews will begin in mid-November and run through mid-February. The interview day begins at 9:45 AM and will end approximately at 3:30 PM. There is a meeting with the residents of the program from 7 to 8 PM that night.
Communicating about the status of your application
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we are unable to acknowledge receipt of your application, to verify the information received or to inform you that you have not been selected to interview.
Tips for using ERAS Scheduler
- Interview dates begin on Friday, November 13 and continue Tuesdays and Fridays through February 16. Interviews are not offered on November 27 or December 25 – January 1.
- Three interview slots are held for PSTP candidates on December 1 and 18, January 12 and 26, and February 5.
- If your preferred date is not available, add your name to the waiting list for your preferred date(s) and then select another date for your interview.
- Unfortunately, ERAS scheduler will not automatically reschedule you for your preferred date, if it becomes available. You will need to check ERAS, remove your initial interview date and schedule yourself for the new date. If you do this, please let Erin Wilks know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Getting ready for your interview
We will send you an email the week before your interview with detailed information including the schedule of events and technical information for using the online platform.
Review our web site including our videos, resident spotlights and the Medical Center.
We share your name, medical school and email address with our residents so they can reach out to applicants before your interview day.
Be sure your equipment is ready to go. Check out the tips from the AAMC for Virtual Interviewing.
- Use a laptop or computer and not your cell phone.
- Ensure your laptop is fully charged (in case the power goes out) and plugged in.
- Check that your audio and camera are working.
- Adjust your lighting so that your face is fully visible. Avoid bright backlighting.
- Raise your laptop about 10-12 inches to ensure your camera is straight in front your face.
Agreement to not record your virtual interview
By accepting an interview at the University of Maryland/Sheppard Pratt Program, you agree not to record any part of your interview day. We will similarly not record any portion of your interviews.
Tentative Schedule of you Virtual Visit
We are working on the details of the Interview Day and will update the schedule when appropriate.
- 9:45 AM Check-in and welcome with Resident of the Day
- 10:00-10:50 AM Overview with Mark J. Ehrenreich, MD, Chief of Education and Director of Residency Training
- 11:00-11:25 AM First Interview
- 11:30-11:55 AM Second Interview
- 12:00-12:25 PM Third Interview
- 12:30-1:30 PM Meet with Residents
- 1:30-2:30 PM Break
- 2:30-4:30 PM One 20-minute individual Meeting with Dr. Ehrenreich, Associate Training Director, Faculty Member, or Chief Resident. The Resident of the Day is also available for end of day questions
- 7-8 PM Evening Meeting with Residents