Goals and Outcome Measures - Dietetic Internship
Goal #1: To provide an environment that will combine didactic instruction with supervised clinical, community, and food services experiences to prepare interns for entry-level practice.
- At least 80 percent of program interns will complete program requirements within 15 months (150 percent of program length)
- Of graduates that seek employment, 90 percent are employed in nutrition and dietetics or related fields within 12 months of graduation
- 95 percent of program graduates take the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists within 12 months of program completion
- The program’s one-year pass rate (graduates who pass the registration exam within one year of first attempt) on the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists is at least 80 percent
- 90 percent of employers will give “strongly agree” or “agree” rating for UMMC graduates being well-prepared for entry-level practice
- 90 percent of graduates will report being adequately prepared for entry-level positions on completion of the program and one year-post graduation
Goal #2: To train future RDs who contribute to the profession by their attainment of advanced certifications, degrees, and scholarly activities.
- A minimum of 25 percent of graduates will be employed in an advanced clinical specialty and have obtained an advanced practice certification or advanced degree
- A minimum of 30 percent of all graduates will have presented at a professional meeting or will be an author or co-author on a professional publication
Note: Program outcomes data are available upon request.