Admission Process - Dietetic Internship
- Completion of a Baccalaureate or Masters Degree in Nutrition or Dietetics from an accredited college or university.
- Completion of the required academic Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) course work or verification of intent to complete.
- Official transcripts indicating degree confirmation date plus DPD Verification Statement are required prior to start of internship.
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or greater on a 4.0 scale is preferred.
- Foreign Degree Applicants: Those who have obtained their education outside of the US and its territories must have their academic degree(s) validated as equivalent to the Baccalaureate or Masters Degree conferred by a regionally accredited US college or university. An original foreign degree equivalency statement must accompany the application form. Validation of foreign degree does not eliminate need for Verification Statement of completion of a Didactic Program in Dietetics.
- Please be aware of the 2024 requirement for a master's degree in order to be eligible to take the CDR credentialing exam for registered dietitian nutritionists.
At UMMC we seek well-rounded applicants with a strong work ethic. Our interns must function independently but work well in a team environment. Being flexible and open to new learning experiences is important. If you like a fast-paced, challenging learning environment, UMMC is the place for you!
The UMMC Dietetic Internship uses the DICAS Online applicant portal for all internship applications. The DICAS Online is a service of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Access the Online centralized internship application form, or call 617-612-2855, or email at DICASinfo@DICAS.org.
- Complete the DICAS online centralized internship application
- In addition to the DICAS required personal statement, please submit a UMMC-Specific Letter of Intent, Handwritten: Limit one to two pages. Tell us about yourself and why you think you'd be a good fit at UMMC: You can expand upon your clinical experiences or explain your interest in clinical nutrition
- Please include the non-refundable application fee of $50.00
- Make checks payable to: University of Maryland Dietetic Internship
- Send your handwritten letter and application fee, postmarked no later than February 15th, 2021, to:
Stacy Pelekhaty, MS, RD, LDN, CNSC
University of Maryland Medical Center
22 S. Greene Street
Department of Clinical Nutrition Services, Room S4A08
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
- Our selection process involves either a telephone or in-person interview. You will receive notification of the status of your application
Applicants must also register online for computer matching at the D&D Digital Online Dietetics Internship Matching service for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics at www.dnddigital.com and select dietetic internship priority choices by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on February 15. There is a $55 computer matching fee. Call (515) 292-0490 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. D&D Digital will notify you directly with your match results or you may check their Web site in April. To accept your match with UMMC, please contact our program director within 48 hours at email@example.com.