Admissions - Dietetic Internship
- Completion of the required academic Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) course work or verification of intent to complete
- Completion of a Baccalaureate or Master’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Please note effective January 1, 2024, the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) will require a minimum of a Master’s degree to be eligible to take the credentialing exam to become a registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN). For more information about this requirement visit CDR's website: https://www.cdrnet.org/graduatedegree
Foreign Degree Applicants
Those who have obtained their education outside of the US and its territories must have their academic degree(s) validated as equivalent to the Baccalaureate or Master’s Degree conferred by a regionally accredited US college or university. An original foreign degree equivalency statement must accompany the application form. Validation of foreign degree does not eliminate need for Verification Statement of completion of a Didactic Program in Dietetics.
The UMMC Dietetic Internship uses the DICAS Online applicant portal. DICAS is a service of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Access the Online centralized internship application form, or call 617-612-2855, or email at DICASinfo@DICAS.org.
To apply for the Spring DI match, complete the DICAS online centralized internship application, including all required application components. DICAS will charge an application fee for each application submitted.
In addition to the DICAS required personal statement, please submit a UMMC-Specific Letter of Intent
- 1-page single spaced or 2-pages double spaced or hand-written
- Upload as a supplement to the DICAS application through the DICAS portal
- The focus of this letter is to highlight why you are interested in the UMMC Dietetic Internship and why you feel you are an excellent candidate.
At UMMC, we seek well-rounded applicants with a strong work ethic and a desire to pursue an internship experience focused on clinical nutrition. We conduct a holistic review of all applications, and interns receive a cumulative score based on multiple factors.
Candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview as appropriate
Applicants must also register online for computer matching at the D&D Digital Online Dietetics Internship Matching service for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics at www.dnddigital.com and select dietetic internship priority choices by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on February 15. There is a $55 computer matching fee. Call (515) 292-0490 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
D&D Digital will notify you directly with your match results or you may check their Web site in April. To accept your match with UMMC, please contact our program director within 48 hours at email@example.com.
*Please note that the UMMC Dietetic Internship does not satisfy requirements for full-time student status on visa applications