UMMC Maps and Directions
UMMC Midtown Campus
Construction of the Midtown Campus Outpatient Tower has started. During phase 1 of the construction, Armory Place will be restricted to one-way eastbound traffic only. View map and directions during construction.
University of Maryland Medical Center
The South Entrance (Gudelsky Building Entrance) will be closed from March 24, 2021 through the end of August 2021. Patients and visitors must enter the Hospital via the Main Entrance at the Corner of West Baltimore and Greene Streets between 5 AM and 9 PM. Visitors entering overnight (9 PM to 5 AM) will enter the Shock Trauma Entrance located near the corner of Lombard and Penn Streets.
Starting March 15, 2021
- Shuttles from Midtown/Heritage Crossing, Upper Chesapeake, and Mt. Washington Pediatric will drop off at the Shock Trauma Entrance.
- The Arena Staff parking shuttle will drop off at the rear entrance to the hospital where the Saratoga/Lexington shuttle currently drops off.
Coming to UMMC from Out of Town?
Our Concierge Services team is here to help patients and their families with a variety of needs, including accommodations, travel arrangements, special needs and more.
View parking options for patients and visitors to the UMMC Downtown Campus.
The University of Maryland Medical Center is easy to reach from Interstates 95, 70 and 83 and Baltimore Beltways, I-295 and I-695. Here are directions via Google Maps.
|Bus||Visit the Maryland Transit Administration for routes, schedules and a door-to-door Trip Planner.|
|Charm City Circulator||Free shuttle service that runs every 10 minutes. Patients and visitors can ride shuttles along the Orange Route and take stops #216 or #217 for the Medical Center.|
Lexington Market Station, Eutaw and Lexington Streets (4 blocks)
Charles Center Station, Baltimore at Charles Street (5 blocks)
|Light Rail||The Central Light Rail Line stops at the University Center/Baltimore Street Station three blocks from the Medical Center.|
- MTA provides lift-equipped buses for those who need wheelchairs or assistance with steps. Please call 410-682-5438.
- To learn more about the Charm City Circulator, including additional routes and operating hours, please call 410-350-0456 or visit www.charmcitycirculator.com.
- For more information on getting to UMMC by mass transit, please call the Mass Transit Administration at 410-539-5000 or visit www.mtamaryland.com.
To UMMC Midtown Campus
The UMMC Midtown Campus is approximately one mile to the north. Driving directions are:
- Head south on South Greene Street toward West Lombard Street
- Take the first right onto West Lombard Street
- Turn right onto South Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard.
- Turn right onto Linden Avenue
- The hospital entrance will be on your left.
UMMC Midtown Campus Parking
Two paid parking facilities are open 24 hours, 365 days a year to serve patients and visitors:
- Madison Garage (connected to the main hospital building; entrance at the south end of Linden Avenue near Madison Avenue)
- Eutaw Garage (located at the north end of Linden Avenue, near Martin Luther King Boulevard)
More: Midtown Parking and Maps
If you have questions or concerns about your visit to the Medical Center, we are happy to provide you with answers or more information. Please call us at 1-800-492-5538.