For UMMC Patients
Welcome and thank you for choosing UMMC for your health care needs. As the patient, you are our focus. We are committed to providing quality healthcare and serving all our patients and their families with respect, integrity, teamwork and excellence.
Patient Resource Center
The Patient Resource Center (PRC) is located on the first floor of UMMC's Weinberg Building. Here patients, families and the public can access the computer stations for health information. You may also want to create a page on CaringBridge to help your friends and family stay connected with loved ones during medical treatment.
While the PRC does not give specific medical advice, we do offer information to help you better understand your health treatment. We ask that you to talk with a qualified healthcare provider for answers to your personal medical questions.
We also offers a variety of classes, support groups and events. For more information, call the Patient Resource Center at 410-328-WELL (9355).
Interpreter Services provides free medical interpretation to patients of the Medical Center and clinics on 16 S. Eutaw Street, 701 W. Pratt Street, and 36 W. Paca Street.
Our services include:
- Onsite Interpretation (sign/spoken language) available 24/7
- Interpreter Language Poster
- Staff Spanish Interpreters available 7 a.m.–6:30 p.m.
- Staff American Sign Language interpreter available 7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Telephonic Interpretation with access to more than 170 languages, accessible 24/7. A blue, dual handset phone will be placed in your room during your admission for communication with your provider. Your provider is also able to connect with an interpreter from any phone.
- Video Remote Interpreting (VRI) for sign and spoken language interpretation on demand.
All of our interpreters — onsite, telephonic and video remote — are qualified medical interpreters who are compliant with HIPAA. To request an interpreter during your visit, please contact your nurse or care provider or call 410-328-8777.
Additional services and information
The patient representative helps potential, current or former patients who have questions or concerns involving the University of Maryland Medical Center. Call 410-328-8777.