Violence Intervention Program
The Violence Intervention Program (VIP) is a component of the Center for Injury Prevention and Policy at the R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center. The mission of the program is to reduce the frequency and severity of relapse for violent injury and criminal activity among persons living in and around Baltimore City.
How the Violence Intervention Program Can Help
- Mental health referral
- Connections to community resources
- Connection to legal services
- Job readiness and training
- Needs assessment for participant and immediate family
How to Get Services:
- Any staff member can contact the Violence Intervention Program if the patient is a victim of a violent injury including gunshot, stabbing and assault.
- Ask your nurse for a referral if your loved one is the victim of violence.
- A VIP case manager will respond to TigerConnect in a timely manner.
For additional information please email email@example.com or call 410-328-2035.