Neurology Research Labs
Call for more information:410-328-4323 410-328-4323
Research teams at the University of Maryland are committed to advancing diagnostics, treatment and the management of a broad range of neurological diseases for current and future patients.
The clinical research opportunities at the University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC) complement the work of these scientists as they develop new lines of translational neuroscience research.
Their collaborative approaches are leading to new therapeutics and diagnostic tools for and a deeper understanding of multiple sclerosis (MS), brain development disorders and neuroinflammatory and neurodegenerative diseases.
Faculty members’ active laboratories on campus receive funding from various sources, including the National Institutes of Health and National MS Society.
Learn more about ongoing research conducted in our physicians' labs:
- The Crino Laboratory – Peter Crino, MD, PhD
- The Benavides Laboratory – David R. Benavides, MD, PhD
- The Dimyan Laboratory – Michael Dimyan, MD
- The Kittner & Cole Laboratory – Steven Kittner, MD, MPH, and John Cole, MD, MS
- The Rus Laboratory – Horea Rus, MD, PhD
- The Russell Laboratory – James Russell, MD
- UM MS Neuroimaging and Biomarker Research Group – Daniel M. Harrison, MD