Congenital Heart Support Group
The University of Maryland Heart and Vascular Center hosts a virtual quarterly support group for adults with congenital heart disease. We invite you to join us. Meet fellow adults who are living with congenital heart disease and hear from our congenital heart experts.
Join us if you’ve ever wondered:
- Do I need to see a doctor anymore if I had corrective heart surgery as a child?
- I had a congenital heart defect as a child and now want to have children. What do I need to know?
- Can I pass my congenital heart defect on to my child?
Please contact Stacy Little to be added to the support group's email list.
Learn more about our Adult Congenital Heart Program.
Congenital Heart Support Group: About Our MeetingsToggle accordion item
The support group provides opportunities for adults and their families to ask questions and meet other patients with congenital heart disease. Guest speakers include our dedicated congenital heart specialists:
- Stacy Fisher, MD, associate professor of medicine. Dr. Fisher practices cardiology and specializes in adult congenital heart disease. She is the co-director of the Adult Congenital Heart Program at the University of Maryland Medical Center.
- Joseph Forbess, MD, professor of surgery. Dr. Forbess is the co-director of the Adult Congenital Heart Program. Dr. Forbess specializes in pediatric and adult congenital heart surgery.
- Michael Slack, MD, interventional cardiologist. Dr. Slack has extensive experience treating adult congenital heart patients using catheter-based procedures. Dr. Slack talks about his experience with these procedures in the video below.
Next Congenital Heart Group MeetingToggle accordion item
Please RSVP to Kristina Bailin at KBailin@som.umaryland.edu or 410-328-4717.
Meetings are held quarterly (please call or email for next meeting date)
Light refreshments will be served.
110 S. Paca Street (at the corner of South Paca and West Pratt Streets)
Lower-Level, Room 7A/7B
Baltimore, MD 21201
Parking for Congenital Heart Support Group ParticipantsToggle accordion item
The Parking Office will provide "chaser tickets" to ensure guests receive the $6 minimum fee for parking on the Surface Parking Lot ONLY located on 110 S. Paca St. Please be prepared with $6 in cash to pay for your parking at the start of the meeting. A ticket will be given to you before the meeting ends. If you do not obtain a "chaser ticket," you will not be able to exit the lot for the reduced rate of $6.