Patient Information - Heart and Vascular
Whether you are looking for top-rated heart care or you are already a patient at the University of Maryland Heart and Vascular Center, we want you to be as informed as possible about everything we have to offer.
Your heart team will discuss the details of your specific procedure with you. We are always available to answer any questions you may have. Learn more about:
- Heart and Vascular conditions we treat
- Patients who received care at the UM Heart and Vascular Center
- Support services for our cardiovascular patients
Cardiac Surgery: One Program, Three Locations
The partnership between the University of Maryland Medical Center, UM St. Joseph Medical Center and UM Capital Region Health has made us the premiere facility in Maryland for cardiac surgery care and life-saving research.
With one program at three locations, you can receive treatment at UMMC in Baltimore, UM SJMC in Towson or UM Capital Region in Prince George's County. Benefits of this partnership include:
- More patients now have easier to access to advanced heart surgery procedures
- At both locations, you will receive care from our highly trained surgeons who use the latest technology and minimally invasive techniques to perform life-changing surgery.
- In cases of time-sensitive cardiac emergencies, we can evaluate patients at our Critical Care Resuscitation Unit (CCRU). The CCRU is the first intensive care unit of its kind in the nation, designed to evaluate patients quickly, begin therapy and admit patients with time-sensitive illness to either UMMC or UM SJMC.
Watch cardiologist Mark Vesely, MD, explain how your heart functions similarly to a house: