Heart & Lung Transplant Support Group
Due to the recent cases of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in Maryland, we are canceling our group events and meetings until further notice. This is being done to protect our patients, staff and visitors. We will announce on this page and on Facebook and Instagram when classes and group events will resume as normal.
Thank you for your understanding.
Each month, we invite you to join doctors, nurses and other pre- and post-transplant patients to discuss the journey surrounding heart and lung transplantation.
About Our Meetings
You'll have a chance to meet transplant experts as well as get to know fellow patients. During the meetings:
- Patients share personal stories about waiting for the call that would save their lives
- Patients discuss what life is like before and after transplantation.
- Medical experts provide guidance on topics like:
- Patient scoring to determine transplant eligibility
- How to stay healthy while waiting for a transplant
Learn more about our Heart and Lung Transplant Program.
The group is open to patients who are on the transplant wait list at UMMC and their caregivers.
- When: Please call 410-328-2864 for updated times and locations
- Where: 29 S. Greene St., 5th floor, Baltimore (across from the University of Maryland Medical Center)