Minimally Invasive Surgery
Call for appointment:410-820-9117 410-820-9117
Minimally invasive surgery (MIS) is our neurosurgery team's primary approach to care for spine conditions. We also treat pituitary, brain and spine tumors through MIS. Most of our patients can be treated in an outpatient setting, whether they require a disc fragment removal (microdiscectomy) or a spinal fusion.
Conditions We Treat
MIS procedures can be used to treat certain types of spinal conditions, including:
- Compression fractures of the spine (due to osteoporosis or injury)
- Curvature of the spine (such as kyphosis or scoliosis)
- Degenerative or herniated disc disorders
- Instability of the spine
- Lumbar (lower back) spinal stenosis
MIS is a surgical technique that allows the surgeon to operate through small incisions utilizing a tubular system. This approach offers minimal tissue damage and reduces blood loss, which results in a quicker recovery time. Patients may also experience reduced pain levels and a lower risk of infection after MIS.
- Former Maryland State Trooper Gets Back to an Active Life: After years of back injuries and severe pain, surgery provides Paul Kelley with relief.
- Overcoming Chronic Back Pain Through Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery: Wayne Howard had learned to live with chronic back and leg pain until he had minimally invasive spine surgery.
Make an Appointment
To make an appointment with our spine neurosurgery team, call 410-820-9117.