UM SMG - Neurosurgery Team in the News
Call for appointment:410-820-9117 410-820-9117
News coverage and articles of our UM SMG – Neurosurgery team.
- Khalid Kurtom, MD, Receives Statewide Award from National Nursing Organization (2-12-2020)
- Dr. Khalid Kurtom recognized as peer-reviewed "Top Doc" and Readers Choice "Best Of" provider through What's Up Media (10-30-2019)
- UM Shore Regional Health providers earn "Top Docs" honors (10-30-2019)
- Kurtom wins advocacy award from AANP (12-4-2019)
- UM SRH Neurosurgery Team Gets Up and Running for the Running Festival (2-20-2019)
- University of Maryland Community Medical Group Neurosurgery Clinicians Make Changes to Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Leading to Major Improvements in Patient Outcomes (6-2-2018)
- Khalid H. Kurtom, MD, Cecil Award Finalist (2016) – Video
In January 2020, Dr. Kurtom and the neurosurgery team traveled to Honduras to work with One World Surgery to perform life-changing neurosurgical procedures at the Holy Family Surgery Center.
Traveling with the Syrian American Medical Society (SAMS) based in Washington, D.C., Dr. Kurtom’s team flew to Amman, Jordan in April 2017 to provide high quality, culturally appropriate medical care to refugees and the local community and perform neurosurgeries for the first time on a SAMS medical mission.
- Watch Dr. Kurtom talk about the neurosurgery teams' devotion to providing patient care in Honduras and Jordan.