Gynecology | Anne Arundel Women's Health
Call for appointment:410-553-8260 410-553-8260
In addition to family planning, prenatal care and labor and delivery support, we offer expert gynecologic care for women of every age, including adolescent gynecology, contraceptive management, perimenopause and menopause management and gynecological surgery.
Our services include:
- Routine, yearly exams
- Adolescent gynecology and guidance
- Contraception management, including medication and counseling
- Pap smears
- Biopsies and diagnostic testing
- Screenings, including breast, cervical and ovarian cancer
- Osteoporosis prevention and management
- Menopause and perimenopause management
- STD screenings
- Minimally invasive procedures and gynecologic surgeries
Our gynecologists perform a wide range of procedures to treat disorders and diseases of the female reproductive system. Your doctor may recommend surgery for conditions such as cancer, infertility and incontinence, and benign conditions may be managed through surgical procedures as well.
Your doctor may discuss surgical treatment with you if you have one of the following conditions:
- Uterine fibroids – noncancerous growths in the wall of the uterus
- Heavy or unusual vaginal bleeding
- Uterine prolapse – when the uterus slips from its normal place down into the vagina
- Endometriosis – tissue growth occurring outside of the uterus on the ovaries, instead of its normal place lining the uterus
- Adenomyosis – tissue growth inside the walls of the uterus where it does not belong
- Cancer or precancer of the cervix, uterus, ovary or endometrium
To treat these conditions, our gynecologists perform the following procedures in the state-of-the-art surgical suite at the UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center.