Thoracic surgeons specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of chest cancers and related conditions and diseases, including esophageal cancer, lung cancer, tracheal and bronchial tumors, chest wall tumors, pulmonary nodules and mesothelioma.
Our thoracic surgeons work with many other specialists, such as pulmonary specialists, interventional radiologists, medical and radiation oncologists and pathologists to manage primary and secondary thoracic malignancies. Located conveniently in UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center, our team is trained in a wide range of technologies and procedures to treat thoracic cancers, including Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS) and Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic (VATS) lobectomy.
Our Full List of Procedures and Technologies For Treatment Include:
- Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS)
- Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic (VATS) lobectomy
- Complex esophageal resection and esophagectomies
- Laparoscopic procedures
- Lung-sparing resections
- Chest wall reconstruction
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET) scan
- Diagnostic Computed Tomography (CT) and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Stereotactic body radiosurgery
- Radiation therapy
- Complex chemotherapy of conditions of the lungs, chest wall, and diaphragm.