The John “Jack” Godfrey Traumatic Brain Injury Support Group
Call for more information:301-618-2160 301-618-2160
Due to the recent cases of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in Maryland, we are canceling our group events and meetings until further notice. This is being done to protect our patients, staff and visitors. We will announce on this page and Facebook when events will resume as normal.
Thank you for your understanding.
University of Maryland Prince George's Hospital Center is offering you the opportunity to come join our monthly support group for survivors and caregivers.
We recognize that a brain injury is life changing, causing a mix of emotions and stress on a person as well as the entire family.
Our support group provides a safe and supportive environment for survivors and caregivers to gather and share similar experiences. It is open to all brain injury survivors and anyone caring for loved ones with a brain injury.
Why Join this Group?
- Offer peer support and education to survivors and caregivers
- Share personal experiences to learn how others cope
- Provide the opportunity to build relationships, network, and gather information on resources
Did You Know?
- A traumatic brain injury is defined as a bump, blow or jolt to the head or a penetrating head injury that disrupts the normal function of the brain? Not all blows or jolts to the head result in a TBI. The severity of a TBI may range from mild to severe after an injury (CDC).
- More people are surviving and living with a brain injury largely due to improved emergency medical care.
The leading causes of a TBI include the following:
- Motor Vehicle-Traffic Crashes
- Struck by/Against Events
Brain Injury Association of Maryland (BIAMD)
2200 Kerman Drive, Baltimore, MD 21286
Brain Injury Association of America
Family Caregiver Alliance/National Center on Caregiving
The John "Jack" Godfrey Traumatic Brain Injury Support Group
The 2nd Tuesday of every month from 6-7 p.m.
University of Maryland Family Health and Wellness Center at Cheverly
Spellman Conference Room, 1st Floor
2900 Mercy Lane, Cheverly, MD 20785
(On the Campus of UM Prince George's Hospital Center)
Group meetings and parking are both FREE.