Next Steps: Bariatric Surgery Education and Evaluation
Call for appointment:240-677-0777 240-677-0777
Bariatric surgery can save your life. But it is not a decision to be taken lightly. The process takes time and requires a commitment to a life time of lifestyle changes. Our education and evaluation process is designed to help you decide if surgery is the best course of action for you to tackle weight loss. The process is complex and we will work with you every step of the way.
- Attend a free information session
- Call 240-677-0777 to schedule a consultation with our Bariatric Coordinator who will start the process with you:
- Discuss your insurance eligibility with our insurance specialist
- Schedule an appointment with the surgeon
- Schedule a meeting with our dietician to discuss diet and exercise requirements.
- Begin your medically supervised weight loss program. (All patients will be expected to lose some amount of weight prior to the surgery being scheduled.)
- Undergo required medical examinations:
- Others as determined by your surgeon
- Sleep Specialist
- Vascular Surgeon
- Attend all follow up appointments
- Schedule your surgery
We will monitor your progress throughout the education and evaluation process. There are multiple points during the process when you can decide to go forward with surgery or not. If we decide together that bariatric surgery is right for you, we will schedule your surgery.
The process can start as soon as you attend an information session and make the call.