Attend a Free Information Session
Please note our information sessions are being held virtually until further notice as part of our COVID-19 response efforts. Please call our office at 301-809-2013 for ZOOM login details.
Alternatively you can view the video of the information session provided here. After you have viewed the video, we invite you to contact or office to schedule your initial consultation. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
If you or a loved one are considering bariatric surgery, we invite you to attend an information session where you will meet Dr. Rickford and other members of the team. These sessions are intended to provide you with valuable information about the surgery, the procedures and the process so that you can make an informed decision as to whether bariatric surgery is right for you.
During the session, Dr. Rickford and his team will:
- Review the qualifications for bariatric surgery
- Review the benefits of the surgery and the expectations for weight loss
- Discuss the pre-surgery health evaluations that are required or recommended
- Discuss the need and process for the medically supervised pre-surgery weight loss
- Review each surgery in detail
- Review the post-surgical lifestyle regimen that is required including diet and exercise
The session provides the perfect opportunity for you to get all your questions answered so that you can decide if bariatric surgery is right for you.
Participation in the information session is required prior to scheduling a consultation with Dr. Rickford.
If you are unable to attend a session in person, you can view a video of the information session at your convenience. After viewing the video, just call the office to schedule your initial consultation. The office staff will ask you a few simple questions about the content of the video prior to scheduling your appointment.