You know what you want to say, but the words won't come out right.
Speech Language Pathologists (SLPs) perform/execute the evaluation and treatment of disorders involving swallowing, speech, language, voice and cognitive communication function. As part of the therapeutic program, SLPs educate and counsel people on the impact of and strategies for managing communication and swallowing disorders.
Speech Language Pathologists at UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center have master's degrees, hold American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) Certificates of Clinical Competence and are licensed by the Maryland Department of Mental Health and Hygiene.
Services offered for adults with:
- Dysphagia (swallowing disorder) - instrumental diagnosis by Modified Barium Swallow
- Aphasia (language disorder)
- Apraxia (motor speech disorder)
- Dysarthria (motor speech disorder)
- Oral-motor dysfunction
- Voice disorders
- Cognitive-Communication Disorders
- Head and neck cancer (pre/post radiation or surgery)
- Alternative communication techniques and devices
Please call 410-787-4433 to make an appointment.
We participate with most insurance carriers. As a courtesy, insurance benefits are preauthorized so that patients will understand benefit limitations and/or any financial obligations they may incur.