Treatment Plan for Heart Failure
Your treatment plan for heart failure depends on how far your disease has progressed. Heart failure that happens over time cannot be cured, but working with your doctor can help improve symptoms and add years to your life.
Your treatment plan may include:
- Control blood pressure
- Don't drink alcohol
- Eat healthy food and limit salt
- Keep a healthy weight
- Stop smoking
Different Medications to Help You
- Improve how well your heart pumps
- Lower cholesterol
- Open narrow blood vessels to improve blood flow
- Reduce blood pressure and slow fast heartbeats
- Reduce fluid in your body
- Remove extra salt
Procedures and Surgery
- Coronary bypass surgery to unblock arteries
- Heart transplant to replace a damaged heart with a healthy donor heart
- Heart valve repair or replacement to help blood flow through the heart
- Implantable device like an ICD or pacemaker to monitor heart rhythm
- Ventricular assist devices (VADs) to help pump blood to parts of your body
Having heart failure doesn’t have to stop you from doing the things you love. It does require that you actively work with your care team to keep your disease from getting worse.
Contact our cardiologists to develop a treatment plan that works for you.