Applying for UMMC's Urology Residency
Applications to the Urology Residency Program at the University of Maryland Medical Center are processed through the Electronic Residency Application Services (ERAS) of the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). Please contact the Dean's Office of your medical school for further information on ERAS.
- Applications will only be accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). **Applications submitted via e-mail will not be considered.**
- The Residency Selection Committee will not review your application until it is completed.
- A complete application includes the following:
- ERAS Common Application Form
- Medical School Transcript
- Curriculum Vitae
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Board Scores (only require STEP 1 Scores during application process)
- The Program will send communications to application via the ERAS System as applications are reviewed.
We will not consider any NEW applications after October 1st. Any application submitted after this date will be rejected.
Formal interviews are conducted during the months of November - early December. The interviews take place via zoom platform. The interview day begins approximately at 8:30AM which will consist of interviewing with the Program Director, Associate Program Director and members of the Urology faculty. The interview day will end around 2:00PM.
There is a Meet & Greet Social held via zoom the evening of each scheduled interview date for candidates and the current urology residents.
The University of Maryland Medical Center will only sponsor J1 VISA's.
All international medical graduates should be ECFMG certified. We do not sponsor H-1 Visas.Information regarding the Urology Match and registration as well as information about ERAS can be found at the American Urological Association website at: http://www.auanet.org (select "Students and Residents").
If you have questions regarding the application process, please submit them via e-mail to: email@example.com