Applying for UMMC's OB-GYN Residency
Applications for the University of Maryland Medical Center's OB-GYN residency program are accepted through Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
We participate in the National Resident Matching Program.
The University of Maryland Medical Center's OB-GYN residency program was recently approved for an increase in resident complement by the ACGME. We will match 8 interns, every other year (March 2020, March 2022, etc.) for a total of 30 residents (7-8 at each PGY level).
We do not have any preliminary positions. We are 'DO and FMG friendly.'
The majority of applicants invited for interviews have scored 220 or higher on USMLE Step 1.
We require 3 Letters of Recommendation and strongly suggest a letter from your department Chair.
- The deadline for applications is November 1.
- All interviews will be conducted virtually. Interview dates for 2022-2023 will be on the following Fridays: November 18, December 2, 9, 16, and 23.
Information for FMGs/IMGs
- Our hospital sponsors J-1 visas only.
- ECFMG certification is required.
- US clinic experience is not required.
- Applicants need to have graduated medical school within the last 5 years.
- Medical school transcripts must include letter grades. Transcripts with hours/credits only will not be accepted.