Applying for UMMC's OB-GYN Residency
Applications for the University of Maryland Medical Center's OB-GYN residency program are accepted through Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
We participate in the National Resident Matching Program.
The University of Maryland Medical Center's OB-GYN residency program was recently approved for an increase in resident complement by the ACGME. We will match 8 interns, every other year (March 2020, March 2022, etc) for a total of 30 residents (7-8 at each PGY level).
We do not have any preliminary positions. We are ‘DO and FMG friendly.’
To learn more about the University of Maryland Medical Center's OB-GYN residency, contact Beth Singer at 410-328-5959 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The majority of applicants invited for interviews have scored 220 or higher on USMLE Step 1.
We understand that this year COVID restrictions have impacted testing schedules for USMLE Step 2. We will review applications without a Step 2 score, however, we recommend that you provide a Step 2 score as soon as you can during the interview process.
We require 3 Letters of Recommendation and strongly suggest a letter from your department Chair.
- The deadline for applications is November 1.
- All interviews will be conducted virtually. Interview dates for 2020-21 will be on the following Fridays: November 20, December 4, December 11, December 18, and January 8.
Information for FMGs/IMGs
- Our hospital sponsors J-1 visas only.
- ECFMG certification is required.
- US clinic experience is not required.
- Applicants need to have graduated medical school within the last 5 years.
- Medical school transcripts must include letter grades. Transcripts with hours/credits only will not be accepted.