Overview of Application Process - General Surgery Residency
For the 2023 ERAS Application Cycle, we will be conducting our interviews 100% virtually with no in person interview dates.
7 Year Categorical Residency
- 5 years clinical
- 2 years required research (between PGY2-PGY3 Clinical years)
ACGME ID 4402321128
- Applications will only be accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).**Applications submitted via e-mail will not be considered**
- The Residency Selection Committee will not review your application until it is complete.
- A complete application includes the following:
- Medical School transcript
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Board Score
- Only require STEP 1 scores during application process
- The Program will send communications to applicants via the ERAS system as applications are reviewed.
We will not consider any NEW application after October 31. Any applications submitted after this date will be rejected.
Virtual interviews are conducted from November–January.
There is a Virtual Meet & Greet Event held the evening before interview days. It is a great opportunity to ask questions and hear firsthand from some of the residents currently in the training program.
General Surgery program interview dates for 2023 are as follows: November 16, December 7 and December 14 by selected invite only. Interviews are scheduled beginning in October in ERAS.
Applicants can expect the day to end around 5 pm.
Applicants with a J-1 visa may apply to our preliminary track.
All graduates of foreign medical schools must have current certification by the Educational Committee for Foreign Medical Graduates. All foreign graduates who require visa sponsorship must meet all requirements of the ECFMG to be able to secure a J-1 Visa prior to starting residency. Apply online with the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) only.