Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition Fellowship
Our fellowship training here at the University of Maryland will prepare you for a successful career in Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition. This fellowship consists of clinical and scholarly research designed to develop specialized knowledge in this field.
Our large and varied patient population at three satellite locations, as well as our downtown campus, will provide you with a wide range of experience in both the hepatobiliary and digestive disease processes.
You will also have an opportunity to participate in research opportunities at the University of Maryland. Your three year fellowship will include a main research project that may result in a publication. In addition to your research project, there are many opportunities to present your abstracts and case reports at our national meetings.
In addition, our fellowship meets all requirements of the Residency Review Committee for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition and is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education.
Educational and Professional Advancement
- Subscription to JPGN
- Trainee Member of NASPGHAN & ACG
- Teaching of residents and medical students
- Educational stipend toward expenses for attending national meetings
Salary and Benefits
- View the annual stipends for all residents at the University of Maryland.
- All Fellows are provided with professional liability insurance through the University of Maryland Medical Center at no cost.
- Health insurance, life insurance, retirement and other benefits are offered if you elect to participate.
- All Fellows are allotted 20 vacation days annually.
About the Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Nutrition Fellowship
- Meet our Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition Fellowship leadership.
- Learn about the Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition Fellowship training program.
- Apply for this fellowship.
- Learn more about living in Baltimore.
- See more GME information and policies.