Call for appointment:410-328-2360 410-328-2360
Cosmetic plastic surgery is performed in order to change one's appearance. For some, it may mean redesigning the body's contour and shape, the elimination of wrinkles, or eliminating balding areas. Others may choose varicose vein treatment or breast augmentation. There are a number of cosmetic surgery procedures that men and women can choose from in order to create an image that makes them feel more confident and comfortable with their appearance.
Although health insurance rarely covers the cost of cosmetic procedures, the number of individuals deciding to undergo cosmetic plastic surgery continues to grow.
Common Plastic Surgery Procedures
The most common cosmetic procedures are listed here by their common or descriptive names. The medical term for the procedure is enclosed in parentheses.
- Breast augmentation or enlargement (augmentation mammaplasty)
- Chemical peel
- Chin, cheek, or jaw reshaping (facial implants or soft tissue augmentation)
- Eyelid lift (blepharoplasty)
- Ear pinning (otoplasty)
- Facelift (rhytidectomy)
- Liposuction (lipoplasty)
- Nose reshaping (rhinoplasty)
- Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty)
- Breast reduction (mastopexy or reduction mammaplasty)
- Botox treatments and injectable fillers
For more information about UM Division of Plastic Surgery or to make an appointment, please call 1-800-492-5538 or 410-328-2360 (patients) or 1-800-373-4111 (physicians).