Call Toll Free:855-547-4276 855-547-4276
University of Maryland's Specialty Pharmacy Services serves patients with complex conditions that require enhanced pharmacy monitoring or consultation.
Our specialty pharmacy has gained URAC specialty pharmacy accreditation. This achievement acknowledges the exceptional service and quality care that we provide to our patients.
Benefits of Specialty Pharmacy Services
At University of Maryland, our specialty pharmacy team will:
- Take care of prior authorization with your health insurer
- Help find alternative coverage or financial assistance, if needed
- Provide free delivery to your home
- Call you with refill reminders
- Communicate and update your clinical providers
- Explain the purpose, dosage and potential side effects of medications
- Review complex medication profiles for potential drug interactions
Specialty Pharmacy Conditions
The conditions for which our specialty pharmacy team provides medications include:
- Organ transplant
- Multiple sclerosis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Ulcerative colitis
- Growth hormone and related disorders
- Hepatitis C
- Cardiac Amyloidosis
Providers can also fax prescriptions to 410-684-3776 or send an electronic prescription to UMMS PHARMACY SERVICES.