Bariatric Surgery Seminar
Call for appointment:410-328-8940 410-328-8940
The University of Maryland's Center for Weight Management and Wellness offers a comprehensive surgical approach to weight loss. In our free educational seminars, you’ll learn more about how bariatric surgery can help you with weight loss.
Bariatric surgery helps adults from ages 18 to 70 who cannot lose a large amount of weight. Those who have the surgery must maintain the loss through diet, exercise and other lifestyle changes.
In our educational seminars, our bariatric surgeon, Dr. Mark Kligman, covers everything you need to know about weight loss surgery, including detailed information about gastric bypass surgery and sleeve gastrectomy. Topics include:
- Health insurance requirements
- Nutrition and exercise
- Our weight loss program, including medical nutrition therapy and surgery
- Reasons to consider bariatric surgery
- Types of bariatric surgery and the risks and benefits of each
- Your follow-up care after surgery
Attend a Weight Loss Seminar In Person
Our seminars are on weekdays from 6 to 8 pm at locations in downtown Baltimore, Waldorf, Glen Burnie and Queenstown. See upcoming dates and registration information.
To attend an in-person seminar:
- Find a date and location, and reserve your space now.
- Download, print and fill out our health questionnaire. You’ll need to bring it with you to the seminar.
If you prefer to watch a seminar from home before attending in person, you can register to watch our weight loss seminar online.
Schedule a Consultation
Once you’ve attended a seminar and decided to have bariatric surgery, your next step is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Kligman. Call us at 410-328-8940 to make an appointment.
If your health insurance plan requires you to have a referral form, ask your primary care physician to provide you with one and bring it to your appointment.
Learn more about the process leading up to bariatric surgery.