Orthopedics for Harford County School Athletics
Our student-athletes are an important part of our community.Keeping them safe, and caring for their injuries, is a big part of what we do.
We are focused on educating our community coaches on the prevention and initial treatment of sports-related injuries through our Coaches Clinics. We tailor these for each athletic season and focus on:
- Techniques to prevent injuries through proper stretching and conditioning
- Signs and symptoms of a concussion (traumatic brain injury or TBI)
- Common sport-specific injuries including initial treatment and recommendations on follow-up care
- Hydration and nutrition recommendations
Sports Medicine for Student-Athletes
Our partnership with ATI Physical Therapy delivers athletic training support to all ten public high schools in Harford County.
Together, we provide:
- A medical director for Harford County Public Schools
- Supervising physicians for athletic trainers
- Referrals for diagnostic testing and specialists
- Supervision of concussion baseline testing and return to play protocol
Upper Chesapeake Orthopedic Specialty Group Team Physicians
We are the official sports medicine provider and team physicians for Harford County Public high schools and The John Carroll School in Bel Air.