Is Bariatric Surgery Right for You?
For more information, call443-843-6360 443-843-6360
You may qualify for bariatric surgery if you have:
- A body mass index (BMI) of 40 or more (approx 100 lbs overweight for men or 80 lbs overweight for women).
- A BMI between 35 and 39.9 and a serious obesity-related health problem such as Type 2 diabetes, heart disease, or severe sleep apnea.
Our team will teach you how to incorporate lifetime behavior modifications before and after surgery. Your first step it to attend our Weight Loss Information Session.
FREE Weight Loss Information Session
To get you started on your weight loss journey, you will attend our free information session. There we can explain your options — gastric bypass, gastric sleeve and lap band surgeries — and answer any questions you have about bariatric surgery and lasting weight loss.
Sessions are available at both campuses.
- UM Harford Memorial Hospital (2nd Tuesday of each month, 5:30 pm)
- UM Upper Chesapeake Medical Center (4th Tuesday of each month, 5:30 pm)
- Register to learn more at an information session.
At the end of the session, you will be scheduled for an initial consultation with a surgeon and our bariatric specialists. Each patient will undergo routine testing and consultations with our team to be sure you are a good candidate for weight loss surgery.
We will also help you tackle the insurance approval process.
After each information session, we host a support group at 7 pm for people who have had weight loss surgery and their support persons.
If you have questions or want more information, please call us at 443-843-6360.