To schedule an appointment:410-337-1337 410-337-1337
At UM St. Joseph, we are here for you before and after your baby comes.
Even if you've taken our childbirth classes, we know you'll have questions.
And there is nothing like some mom-to-mom time to lift your spirits.
Our support groups and parenting resources offer both.
A support group for women throughout pregnancy, postpartum, motherhood and life, led by a certified nurse-midwife. Newborns are welcome. Due to COVID-19, Circle is meeting virtually at this time. Call 443-415-4898 to learn how to join.
Meets on the second and fourth Mondays each month, from 2:30 - 4 pm
COMING SOON: Little Latch Club
Join one of our board-certified lactation consultants and share your feeding questions or concerns. Meet and bond with other mothers to discuss the triumphs and challenges of motherhood. Whether you breast- or bottle-feed, you are welcome!
RETURNING SOON: Car Seat Safety Checks
In-person Car Seat Safety Checks with the experts at UM St. Joseph. Please call our office at 410-337-1880 for more information.
Available now: Virtual checks are available through Maryland Kids in Safety Seats (KISS).
Online Parenting Support Groups
Online support groups can be a convenient and extremely helpful resource for new moms. Joining a Facebook group or starting a texting group chat with family and friends can be a great way to get support.
Below are a few other supportive options for new moms:
- All Babies Cry: This video series follows real parents for the first six months of life at home with their new baby. Drawing from decades of research on infant behavior, this series empowers new parents with practical demonstrations of infant soothing strategies for managing normal stress in parenting.
- Smart Patients Postpartum Community: This online community is a private space where women can receive peer support and feel comfortable sharing openly. One of the main goals of this community is to make mothers and families aware that effective help is available, that they can get better and that this online community can help you find knowledgeable providers who understand how to treat postpartum depression.
- Moms Support Group: This online support group is a place for new moms to share concerns, ask questions and receive peer support.
- The Pump Station Parent & Me Program: All Parent & Me groups are led by credentialed therapists who specialize in early child development and maternal mental health. The groups are based on a mindful and conscious parenting philosophy, emphasizing how to parent with reflection, respect and connection.
- Breastfeeding Support: This online forum provides you with resources to help you make a decision about breastfeeding and to help you with any challenges that arise with breastfeeding.