Inpatient Palliative Care at UM Shore Regional Health
Call for appointment:410-820-4434 410-820-4434
Inpatient palliative care relies on a specialized team that works with you, your family and your medical team. We help you manage your pain and offer emotional and spiritual support through your illness.
Our team’s mission is to improve quality of life by assisting patients and families with the following:
- Complicated decision making regarding treatment options
- Coping with the debilitating effects of serious and chronic health conditions.
- Pain and symptom management when they are difficult to control
- Planing for future care (advance care planning)
- Treatment and illness management for chronic and serious health conditions.
- Understanding the disease process
Inpatient palliative care is offered at UM Shore Medical Centers at Chestertown, Dorchester and Easton and The Requard Rehabilitation Center for Acute Rehabilitation in UM Shore Medical Center at Easton. Patients may request or be recommended for an assessment for a Palliative Care consult through their attending physician or nurse practitioner.
For a Palliative Care consult, please contact: