Shore Community Outreach Team
The Shore Community Outreach Team (SCOT) is dedicated to improving the health of Kent and northern Queen Anne’s counties.
The team includes a nurse coordinator, a social worker and two community advocates. They work with organizations to bring health care access and support services to people in their home settings and at convenient community sites.
SCOT programs and services include:
- Home safety inspections
- Help with filling out advance directives, which state how a person's medical care should be handled if they are not able tot participate fully in conversations with their care team
- Blood pressure checks and health screenings
- Case management for those with chronic illnesses (including diabetes, heart failure, COPD, etc.)
- Wellness activities
- Arranging telehealth consults with health care providers
- Connecting people to community resources
To learn more about the Shore Community Outreach Team, request services or make a referral, call 410-778-3300, ext. 5644.