Thank you for visiting UMMC Midtown. Spending time with a friend or family member in the hospital can be a valued time for both of you. Please review the visiting hours and policies to assure a convenient, supportive visit.
Patients have the right to receive visitors of their choosing such as a spouse, domestic partner, and other family or friends. Patients also have the right to withdraw or deny visitation privileges for any person at any time during their hospital stay.
Visiting Hours: Daily 8:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
ICU Visiting Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
We ask that visitors follow our policies:
- Visitors must stop at the Information/Receptionist Desk in the main lobby to obtain a visitor pass.
- Patients who would like to have someone visit them outside of regular visiting hours, including overnight must obtain permission from a nursing manager or supervisor.
- No more than 2 people may visit a patient in a semi-private room, and no more than 4 people may visit a patient in a private room at the same time unless special permission has been given by the nurse or doctor caring for you.
- Children under the age of 12 may not visit with you in the hospital unless special permission is obtained from the nurse manager or supervisor.
- Under-age children may not be left unattended in the main lobby or other areas of the Hospital.
- People who have colds, flu-like or infectious symptoms, rashes, fever, etc., should not visit with patients and may be denied visitation by the hospital.
- Visitors should wash their hands before and after visiting a patient.
- Visitors may not wander throughout other patient care or business areas of the hospital, but they are permitted to access public areas of the hospital such as visitor lounges, cafeteria and gift shop.
- The hospital may limit or restrict visitation if it is found to be in the best interest of patient care. Visitors may be asked to temporarily leave a patient's room or unit if it is found necessary to provide proper care and treatment to patients or provide for the patient's safety, privacy, and comfort.
- Illegal weapons and substances are strictly prohibited on hospital premises.
- Flowers are allowed on all units except the intensive care unit (ICU).
- It is prohibited to discriminate against visitors based on sexual orientation or gender identity.