Resources for Journalists
The Media Team for the University of Maryland Medical System looks forward to working with you to tell life-changing stories about our innovations in health and medicine. We offer the following resources to journalists:
- Interviews with world renowned experts on hundreds of topics in medicine and health
- UMMC NewsNow live streaming press briefings on Twitter via Periscope
- Patient interviews
- Opportunity for b-roll
- Live in-studio uplink capabilities
- Photography assets including video and photos
For assistance with a story and accessing these resources, please contact the Media Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-328-8919.
On-site visits by news media for any purpose including photography, videography or interviews with patients, their families, staff or physicians must be arranged in advance via the Media Relations Team.
- A member of the Media Relations Team must escort the news media -- including any professional photographer, writer or videographer on the assignment) at all times when they are at a University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) facility.
- Members of the media who are working on assignment must identify themselves as such to hospital staff. This policy also applies to media attending any UMMS event.
- Photography/videography by the news media at any UMMS facility without prior approval by the Media Relations Team is not permitted.
- The use of UMMS facilities as a backdrop or “location” for photography or videography with or without inclusion of patients or staff requires prior approval.
For assistance in covering stories and to schedule an interview with our experts, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- This is the quickest way to reach a member of the media relations staff. This email is monitored 24/7; urgent messages will receive immediate attention.
- Please include your contact information in the body or signature of your e-mail, state how we can be of assistance and include your deadline.
- During normal business hours you may also reach the Media Relations Team at 410-328-8919.
Please direct inquiries regarding patient conditions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Media must provide the correct first and last name of any patient about whom they are inquiring.
- Per federal privacy guidelines, we are able to provide one-word conditions about patients in our care: Critical, Serious, Fair or Good.
- We may also report that a patient has been discharged.
- Conditions about minors in our care will not be released unless consent has been granted by the parent or guardian.