Social Media Code of Ethics
The University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) adheres to a code of ethics which applies to Internet conversations/postings on both the UMMS-sponsored sites as well as in comments on other sites.
Code of Ethics
- Postings and comments about or on any hospital in the University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) shall be ethical, honest and accurate.
- Postings which contain mistakes will be corrected promptly.
- UMMS will remove/delete spam and other inappropriate content. UMMS will reply to comments, emails, and any other postings on its sites when appropriate in its judgment.
- UMMS may link directly to other Web sites and online materials to provide additional information or resources for Web users.
- UMMS staff members are to avoid conflicts of interest and to disclose conflicts that might arise when making or responding to postings or comments.