Nursing at UMMC Midtown Campus
Exemplary nursing practice is at the core of the compassionate, patient- and family-centered care University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC) Midtown Campus delivers.
In line with UMMC's overall mission and vision for nursing, our inclusive nursing environment promotes education, research, innovation and growth. We are committed to helping all nurses and nurse leaders reach their career goals. Leadership development is essential to training and growing our nursing workforce.
Through Midtown's unit-based shared governance structure, our nursing staff is empowered to contribute to decision-making aimed at improving nursing practice and patient outcomes and maintaining a healthy, safe workplace.
About UMMC Midtown Campus
A 200-bed nonprofit, community teaching hospital, Midtown is located near Baltimore's historic Mount Vernon neighborhood. We offer access to a full range of medical and surgical care in more than 30 specialties. We partner with local groups and organizations to bring health education and other health-related services to Baltimore residents.
UMMC’s Midtown and Downtown campuses—located one mile apart from each other—operate as one hospital across two campuses, and the nursing teams function as one close-knit unit.
UMMC Midtown Campus is on the Magnet journey and proud to be working with UMMC Downtown Campus, which has achieved Magnet designation three times. This designation is a tremendous source of pride for our nurses. In 2023, the Midtown and Downtown campuses will jointly pursue Magnet designation. Learn more about UMMC's Magnet designation.
UMMC Midtown Campus offers exciting, rewarding employment opportunities for experienced registered nurses, new nursing graduates, clinical nurses and more.
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage
- Work-life balance (including annual leave accrual, dependent care reimbursement, short/long term disability and an employee assistance program)
- Educational assistance (tuition reimbursement and other continuing education options)
- A mentorship program designed with you in mind
- A "Bridge to Excellence" program that allows our nurses to work in various units on a trial basis to best determine which unit is right for them
- A dedicated nursing career ladder aligned with pay incentives
- An individualized leadership development program that helps nurses grow into nursing leadership roles
- Flexible scheduling (including part-time scheduling and a weekend option program)