Diabetes Self Management Training
Call for more information:410-225-8380 410-225-8380
The Diabetes Self-Management Training Program (DSMT) increases a patients knowledge and skills about diabetes by working with a certified diabetes instructor to learn how to manage their diabetes. By focusing on self-care behaviors such as healthy eating, exercise, monitoring and more, participants can lower their blood sugar, blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
When should I refer a patient to DSMT?
- Patient who is diagnosed with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes
- Patient who has had issues with controlling blood sugar levels
- Patient experiencing health problems due to diabetes
Why should I refer my patient to DSMT?
- Proven to lower blood sugar, blood pressure, emergency room visits and health problems due to diabetes
- Proven to increase skills of taking care of diabetes and overall quality of life
Providers can refer patients through EPIC with a REF 20. See Epic Referral Instructions.
Fax this Order for Diabetes Self-Management Training to 410-225-8395.
Complete this online form