For Health Professionals - Diabetes & Endocrinology
Call for appointment:443-682-6800 443-682-6800
The University of Maryland Center for Diabetes and Endocrinology offers a range of specialized services to evaluate and manage patients with diabetes and a variety of endocrine disorders.
5 Reasons to Send Your Patients to UMCDE:
- Fully Accredited and Nationally recognized High Quality, Specialty Care: American Diabetes Association Certified and National Committee for Quality Assurance provider accredited.
- Comprehensive Team: Physicians work with each patient's primary care physicians, cardiologists, podiatrists, ophthalmologists, vascular surgeons and wound care specialists to develop individualized treatment plans.
- Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) and Diabetes Self-Management Program (DSMT): Recognized by the American Diabetes Association, led by certified diabetes educators, these diabetes programs provides patients with valuable support and information to help manage their diabetes. Learn how to make a referral to DSMT.
- Access to Research and Clinical Trials: UM CDE Physicians are University of Maryland School of Maryland faculty. Patients have access to the latest scientific developments and clinical trials.
- Endocrine Clinics: UM CDE's team of endocrinologists offer a broad spectrum of expertise in bone health, thyroid and adrenal disorders.
Training for Healthcare Providers
The Patient Engagement Program in collaboration with Baltimore Metropolitan Diabetes Regional Partnership (BMDRP), which is a joint effort between University of Maryland Medical Center and Johns Hopkins Health System to support communities in preventing and managing diabetes, provides training for health care professionals. This training is for both providers and non-providers who will be working with patients eligible for DPP and DSMT.
Register for the Training Modules
Watch our Physician Webinar which discusses this new partnership and how and why to refer a patient.