Community Health Education Center
Located on the lower level of the Midtown Campus Outpatient Tower, the Community Health Education Center (CHEC), offers free health, wellness and lifestyle resources, as well as health testing and screenings. If needed, our team can provide referrals to diabetes, heart, lung, kidney, eye, sleep, digestive health and infectious disease specialists all conveniently located in the same building.
Our team collaborates with University of Maryland academic medicine experts to provide patients and community members with the most updated, research-supported health care information.
Walk-ins are welcome. No appointment is needed.
Free health tests and screenings include:
- HIV and Hepatitis C testing (results in 20 minutes)
- Blood pressure
- Diabetes (A1C tests)
- Risk assessments for stroke, sleep disorders, and diabetes
Free health and wellness programs focusing on:
- Diabetes prevention
- High blood pressure
- Smoking cessation
- Health pregnancy/healthy baby
- Healthy eating- featuring healthy food demonstrations
- Exercise classes such as Zumba and line dancing- coming Fall 2022
Learn more about our free Health and Wellness Programs.
Monday - Friday: 8 am-4:30 pm
Screenings for HIV and Hepatitis: Monday - Friday 9 am - 3 pm