Scholarly Work - Internal Medicine Residency
Our residents represent our program at the annual Regional ACP meeting to present scholarly works and participate in the Doctor's Dilemma competition. In 2022 we were proud to represent all Internal Medicine programs in the DMV region at the National ACP meeting in Chicago.
Recent Resident Publications and Abstracts
- Sandoshi, R., Patel, R., Patel, N., Bansro, V., Chhabra, G. A comprehensive review of thrombocytopenia with a spotlight on intensive care patients. Cureus. August 2022
- Cardona S, Downing J, Alfalasi R, Bzhilyanskaya V, Milzman,D, Rehan M, Schwartz B, Yardi I, Yazdanpanah F, Tran Q. Intubation rate of patients with hypoxia due to COVID-19 treated with awake proning: A meta-analysis. American Journal of Emergency Medicine, January 27, 2021. doi: 10.1016/j.ajem.2021.01.058.
- Dhahri A, et al. The impact of socioeconomic status on survival in stage III colon cancer patients: A retrospective cohort study using the SEER census-tract dataset. Cancer Medicine. 2021; 00: 1-10
- Bolaji, Olayiwola. Acquired Long QT Syndrome: A unique case of paroxetine-induced stepwise rise and fall in QT interval via a KV1.5 channel inhibition mechanism. CHEST 2022
- Bolaji, Olayiwola. Bleeding risk after coronary artery bypass grafting: Does the DAPT regimen matter? CHEST 2022.
- Ouedraogo, Faizal. Thrombus in transit captured by bedside ultrasound: A life-saving tool. CHEST 2022.
Recent Faculty Publications and Abstracts
- Zhang X, Liu B, Yun S, Phillips R. Chapter 13. Small Area Estimation and Bayesian Disease Mapping for Minority Health and Health Disparities. The Science of Health Disparities Research. Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 1st edition.
- Schwartz B.E., Dezman Z., Billing A.S., Heine K., Massey E., Artigiani E.E., Motavalli M., Burch G., Gandhi P., Wish E.D. Emergency Department Drug Surveillance (EDDS) hospital's urinalysis results compared with expanded re-testing by an independent laboratory, a pilot study. Drug and Alcohol Dependence. Epub, Nov 26, 2021. Volume 230, 2022, 109195.
- Barth, S., Saulters, K. Balba, G., Castel, A. Telehealth experience and satisfaction during the COVID-19 Pandemic among PWH in D.C. Adherence Conference. 2022.
- Ahmed S, Markoja K, Goldblatt A, Shinavski K, Fortier L, Brosnan M, Saulters KJ. "A qualitative analysis of the MedStar Global Health Track Pre-Departure Curriculum". Consortium of Universities for Global Health Conference. March 2022.
- Windels A, Felker R, Saulters KJ. "Experience with a Virtual IM Elective ". Academic Internal Medicine Week (AIMW). April 2022.