How to Apply
We accept applications for preliminary and categorical interns via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Our program is listed as University of Maryland Capital Region Health (previously known as Prince George's Hospital Center Program), ID 1402321161.
Eligible applicants are:
- Expected graduates of accredited U.S. and Canadian medical schools.
- International Medical Graduates of a medical school listed by the World Directory of Medical Schools who are ECFMG certified.
- Non-U.S. citizens requiring work authorization will be offered a J-1 visa.
- We participate in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP)
- Applicants must submit an application using ERAS. Completed applications include the common application form, MSPE, medical school transcript, personal statement, letters of recommendation, and United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE) / Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensing Exam (COMLEX) transcripts. At least one letter of recommendation is preferred from an Internal Medicine faculty with whom the applicant has had clinical experience.
- In addition to the above, we prefer International Medical Graduates to have graduated from medical school within the last five years, and have recent US Clinical Experience or other training if you did not graduate within the past one year.
- We use holistic review in applicant selection, and thus do not have strict Step/COMLEX score, grade, or other criteria. We do seek to match applicants who have interest in serving our local population.
Our 2022-2023 interview season will be virtual. We will begin reviewing applications in September and continue on a rolling basis. Invitations to interview will be extended via email to selected applicants, and interviews will be scheduled between late October and early January. Those selected to interview will receive further information about the interview day via email.
For more information about the program, please direct inquiries to our Internal Medicine Residency Program Coordinator, Angelique Norfles, at email@example.com.
Our Internal Medicine Residency Program does not discriminate concerning gender, sexual orientation, age, race, religion, ethnic origin, economic status, or place of residence.