Current Level: Orange (Very Restricted)
In order to keep patients, staff and the community safe during COVID-19, the University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) has additional visiting restrictions in place. These include limiting our visiting hours and the number of people entering our facilities.
Current Status: Orange Learn more about the current visitation level.
Who May Visit or Accompany Patients
- Care Partners - Care partners are the family and friends who visit inpatients and may come along to outpatient visits, in some cases. Depending on the visitation level, there will be restrictions on whether you may have care partners, how many and in what circumstances they may visit.
- Designated Support Persons - Patients name these people to be physically present to support them. A designated support person is knowledgeable about the care of the patient and may be a friend, family member, personal care assistant or disability service provider.
- People with disabilities may have at least one designated support person with them at all visitation levels.
- People without disabilities may have a support person in some cases and visitation levels.
- For more about designated support persons, see full UMMS Visitor Policy
- Parents or Guardians of Patients Under Age 18 - At least one parent or guardian may visit or accompany minor children at all visitation levels, but at some levels there may be additional restrictions. Please review current visitation level for more information.
Care Partners and Support Persons Must:
- Be 18 years of age or older unless they are the parent of the patient
- Answer screening questions at check-in related to COVID
- Not be COVID-positive or undergoing quarantine or investigation for COVID
- Follow all infection prevention policies including wearing a mask that covers their nose and mouth at all times
- Follow hospital rules including:
Violation of any policy may result in removal from the premises and barring from further visits.