Senior Health Centers
As you get older, your health care needs to change, too. When you choose the Rachel H. Pemberton Senior Health Center, you get care from a team that specializes in caring for older adults.
We offer high-quality care for people 55 and older. Your care team takes the time to get to know you, your lifestyle and what’s important to you. This allows us to personalize your treatment and help you lead a healthier, more-active life.
Senior Care in Prince George’s County
The UM Senior Health Center, funded by a grant from Prince George’s County and managed by the UM Prince George’s Hospital Center, offers comprehensive healthcare and nursing services. We serve county residents 55 and older, including those with disabilities and seniors at low and moderate income levels. For your convenience, we offer free transportation from many areas in Prince George’s County.
Healthcare Designed for Older Adults
Our senior healthcare team includes doctors, nurses and social workers. We offer geriatric assessments which can help you take control of your health. During these comprehensive exams, we evaluate your physical health and function, thinking abilities, mental health and home life to give you personalized care and advice — including referrals to specialized services as needed.
The Senior Health Center offers a wide range of primary healthcare and preventive services to keep you in good health, including:
- Care for chronic conditions, such as diabetes and high blood pressure
- Lab tests (blood and urine tests) and diagnostic exams, including EKG (tests your heart’s electrical activity)
- Physical exams, including annual checkups and Medicare annual wellness visits
- Screenings for cervical cancer (PAP tests), diabetes, early-onset dementia, high blood pressure and tuberculosis (TB)
- Support and resources from social workers
- Vaccinations (flu and pneumonia)
- Walk-in blood pressure checks
We offer a comfortable, safe environment where you can expect expert, compassionate care. We partner with you and your family to make sure you’re well-informed about your health.