Call for appointment:240-677-3000 240-677-3000
Our team of experts evaluates and treats sleep-related conditions including:
- Insomnia – Insomnia is one of the most common sleep disorders. People with insomnia have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep.
- Sleep apnea – Sleep apnea occurs when your breathing starts and stops while you sleep. Signs and symptoms of sleep apnea include loud snoring, gasping for air during sleep, waking with dry mouth, insomnia and a morning headache.
- Narcolepsy – Narcolepsy is a neurological disorder that impacts your ability to wake and sleep. Symptoms of this disorder include excessive daytime sleepiness (EDS), a sudden loss of muscle tone or strength brought on by strong emotions (cataplexy) and disrupted nighttime sleep.
- Restless leg syndrome – restless leg syndrome causes an uncontrollable urge to move your legs. This usually occurs at night when you are sitting or lying down.
- Circadian rhythm disorders – This group of sleep disorders involves your circadian rhythm, also known as your internal body clock. People with circadian rhythm disorders may have difficulty falling asleep, waking during a sleep cycle or waking up too early and then being unable to fall back asleep. Some examples include:
- Jet lag
- Delayed sleep phase syndrome (DSPS)
- Advanced sleep phase syndrome (ASPS)
- Shift work sleep disorder
Call 240-677-3000 to schedule an appointment.