Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Call for appointment:410-787-4900 410-787-4900
What can patients expect during treatment?
Treatment is administered while you are in a pressure chamber, called a monoplace chamber. Only one person is in the chamber at a time, offering privacy and the ability to tailor everything to your needs. Most treatments last approximately two hours. The treatment is not painful and there are few minor side effects.
Patients can watch television or movies or listen to music during their treatment in the chamber. Specially trained nurses are present during the entire treatment and patients can communicate with them through a specialized intercom system. Many patients also sleep through their entire treatment.
What are the benefits?
- Increased blood flow to the injured tissues
- Increased blood vessel formation
- Increased healing of wounds
- Reduced swelling
- Reduced infection
- Preservation of compromised tissue
- Stimulation of new bone formation
- Decreased size of life-threatening air bubbles in the blood
- Reduced effect of toxic substances
For more information about the Wound Healing Center or to make an appointment, call 410-787-4900. Consultations are available by calling 410-787-4908.