Despite its name, general surgery is anything but general.
We have a variety of surgery specialists here at University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center. Highly trained. Incredibly skilled. And very concerned for their patients' care before, during and post operation.
Here are some of the more common procedures our general surgeons perform in our state-of-the-art operating room:
- Acid reflux or hiatal hernia surgery
- Abdominal trauma
- Breast lumpectomy
- Colonoscopy laparoscopy
- Colorectal surgery, including cancer, diverticular disease and inflammatory bowel disease
- Gall bladder inflammation and stones
- Laparascopic removal of spleen
- Liver and pancreas surgery
- Hernia repair (inguinal, umbilical and incisional)
- Inguinal hernia
- Thyroid/Parathyroid surgery
- Tumors of the intestines, colon and breast
Our general surgeons offer the latest advances in minimally invasive procedures. For you, that means shorter surgeries, less scarring, quicker recovery times and a faster return to normal activities.