Mental Health Resources and Support Group
UM BWMC is here to help you get the support you need to live a healthy, successful life. Please explore these helpful resources:
UM BWMC Mental Health Support Group
The mental health support group covers a variety of mental health topics such as depression, anxiety, addictions and bipolar disorder. Community resources and services available to patients and their families will also be discussed. The group meets at 6:30 pm the second Wednesday of each month at UM BWMC in Room A of the Partial Hospitalization Program on the second floor, located at 301 Hospital Drive in Glen Burnie. Reservations are not requested. For more information, call 410-553-8070 or 410-787-4627. For specific dates, check our calendar of events.
Helpful Handouts for Our Patients
UM BWMC provides the following documents to our patients to help them access and receive behavioral health care once they leave the hospital. Please feel free to use these helpful handouts for yourself or a loved one. (Last updated April 2020.)
- Resources for individuals who are seeking treatment for anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder or psychosis.
- Resources for individuals who are seeking alcohol and drug treatment services.
- Resources for individuals who are victims of violence, domestic violence, assault or sexual assault.
- Resources for patients without health insurance benefits.
- Resources for individuals seeking assessment or treatment for their child or adolescent.
Hotlines for Families and Youth
- Call 911 for immediate assistance in any emergency
- Crisis Warmline: 410-768-5522 (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- Maryland Youth Crisis Hotline: 1-800-422-0009 (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- Anne Arundel Co. Substance Abuse Treatment Referral Line: 410-222-0017
National Suicide Prevention Hotlines
- 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)
- 1-800-TALK (1-800-273-8255)