Why Choose Maryland - Pediatric Residency
Thank you for your interest in our program. The University of Maryland Pediatric Residency program is built on a foundation of life long learning and development. We have created an innovative individualized curriculum that will allow you to explore your true passion within pediatrics.
Primary and Subspecialty Education – Our program offers in depth training in both primary care pediatrics and subspecialty care. Because of the unique size of our program our subspecialists are able to spend significant one on one time with the residents rotating with them. With two primary care clinics to choose from residents can focus on a population that they are most passionate about as a primary care provider.
Diverse Patient Population – As a referral center for all of the State of Maryland and the mid-Atlantic – at the University of Maryland you will see a wide range of patients with varying health care needs. As the primary health care organization on the west side of Baltimore and part of a growing 11 hospital system the care for the underserved is an integral part of our mission as we seek to provide comprehensive health care to all the children of the state of Maryland.
Individualized Education – Through our comprehensive mentorship program we have developed a truly individualized experience for your residency. With a combination of electives and a catalog of individualized units with the help of your mentors you will be able to construct a residency experience that fits your needs. Incorporated into your experience you can elect to be part of a longitudinal track that provides to you protected time to explore your interest in research, quality improvement, patient advocacy or international health.
The University of Maryland Family – When you enter into this residency program you immediately become part of a family of residents and attendings who are invested in you as a person and a professional. We value and seek the input of the residents to create change in the clinical arena through quality improvement as well as the educational experience through curriculum committees and educational task force.
Your Education Team – We are here to help and answer any questions you may have.
- Pediatric Education Leadership Team
- Erin Giudice, M.D. - Director, Pediatric Residency Program
- Leah Millstein, M.D. - Associate Program Director; Assistant Program Director - Med/Peds Residency Program
- Matthew Grant, M.D. - Assistant Program Director
- Vandana Racherla, M.D. - Assistant Program Director for Resident Continuity and Community Practice
- Kate Donohue, M.D. - Director, Med/Peds Residency Program
- Ronald San Juan, M.D. - Associate Program Director, Med/Peds Residency Program
- Pediatric Education Administrative Staff
- Cherlyn Travis - Program Coordinator
- Shannon Horne